Benefits of Kelpak on Citrus
Kelpak trials on citrus in California, South Africa and Japan show positive yield increases as well as other benefits:
- Improves rooting of nursery trees
- Stimulates root and shoot development
- Better fruit set of bearing trees
- Better fruit mass
- Better yields
- Improves the development of new roots in spring
- Quicker recovery of trees after harvest
Recommended application rates
Established trees: 0.3% Kelpak foliar spray applied at full bloom, and
twice more with
2 to 3 week intervals for bigger fruit.
Post harvest spray at 0.2% with nitrogen application and repeated 14 days later for recovery of heavy fruit bearing.
Tree establishment: Apply 1 L of a 1.0% Kelpak solution (1 L Kelpak in 100 L water) as a soil drench directly after plant or drench the nursery bag with the solution directly before plant-out.
For better tree development apply foliar sprays of 200 ml Kelpak per 100 L water (0.2%) with
3 to 4 week intervals during early growth.