Benefits of Kelpak on Tomatoes
Field trials conducted in South Africa and Europe clearly show the many benefits of applying Kelpak Liquid Seaweed Extract to tomatoes, including:
- Increases vigour of root and shoot growth
- Improves resistance to nematode infestation
- Increases fruit size and number, and total yield
- Produces higher early harvest yields
- Increases shelf life of fruit by up to 1 week
Recommended application rates
Dip the roots of seedlings (or seedling tray) in a 1% Kelpak solution before transplanting into the field or greenhouse.
Follow up with a 2 L/ha Kelpak foliar spray
14 days later and repeat the foliar spray once or twice at 14 day intervals.
Spray direct seeded crops at 3 to 4-leaf stage and repeat once or twice at 14 day intervals.
Alternatively to seedling dip at plant-out,
Kelpak may be applied at 7 L/ha as a pulse through drippers after transplanting.
Rinse lines after pulse.