Kelpak on Table Grapes
Field trials conducted in Australia, California, Chile, Europe and South Africa clearly show the many benefits of applying Kelpak Liquid Seaweed Extract to table grapes, including:
- Increases vigour of root and shoot growth
- Improves tolerance to abiotic stress
- Increases berry size and uniformity
- Reduces rachis and berry browning
- Reduces loose berries
- Increases number of export quality bunches
- Enhances bunch colour at harvest
- Often improves fruit sugar levels at harvest
- Increases returns for the grower
Kelpak on table grape berry size
% increase above standard grower practice
Improving berry size
Berry size – Chile
INCREASE ABOVE STANDARD GROWER PRACTICE
Recommended application rates
For root stimulation, early growth and bunch stretching: Foliar sprays at 2 L/ha at 5 - 10 cm shoot growth.
Optional application 14 days later
For improved berry size & quality: Foliar sprays of minimum 3 L/ha after set. Repeat 2 to 3 times at 10 to 14 day intervals
For improved colour & sugar content: Foliar sprays at 3 L/ha at start of berry softening. Repeat 14 days later
Important: Increase Kelpak rate to maintain 1:300 dilution when water volume above 1000 L/ha is used.
Use 4 - 5 L/ha with electrostatic applicators.
Foliar sprays can be substituted with 1% bunch dips or directed bunch sprays. May be applied with gibberellic acid and/or forchlorfenuron applications